kde-pim dev needed, for a sponsored open source effort, to remove akonadi

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Thu Mar 15 14:49:58 GMT 2018

[ Comments below, in-line ]

On Thu, 15 Mar 2018 14:23:53 +0000, Paul Vixie wrote:
> hello. i've been using kmail for about a dozen years, due to its
> excellent integration with pgp. however, it has a lot of very old
> bugs on board, and not a lot of evidence that the people who know
> how to fix them, are motivated to do so. i'd like to provide that
> motivation.
>
> what i want, specifically, is a version of kontact that does not use
> akonadi.
>
> [ trimmed ]

Hi Paul,

In case you missed it, On Feb 4th, 2018 Martin S. posted to kde-pim an
update for kmail+Akonadi.

I understand you don't want to discuss akonadi however you may find
the following information useful:

    https://marc.info/?l=kde-pim&m=151777761106658&w=2

Our development environment is a VM.  I have done some analysis that
is cited in the above link.

I've done additional analysis which is available here:

    https://phabricator.kde.org/T8150

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926        iNum:  883.5100.0990.1054