Kmail not reflecting contents of ~/mail (maildir)

Maurice maurice at bcs.org.uk
Tue Jul 31 13:55:14 BST 2018

On Mon, 30 Jul 2018 14:58:21 +0100, Ianseeks wrote:

> Have you tried creating a new user, transferring the mail structure,
> setting correct permissions/ownership etc and seeing if it works with
> the new user?

Now done that. Kmail did pick up the subfolder structure in the copy
of my ~/mail and gradually showed all the emails in there.
  Just had to start kmail and it all started to appear automatically.

   (Ditto with the Mageia-6 on my laptop.)

So - as I had suspected - something in /home/me  is now preventing kmail
from properly reflecting the contents of ~/mail any more.

The $64 question is: How to find the culprit?!

/\/\aurice