Kmail not reflecting contents of ~/mail (maildir)

Maurice maurice at bcs.org.uk
Sun Jul 29 14:24:46 BST 2018

The problem is although my (maildir) ~/mail database contains an
.inbox.directory of around 20 sub-folders, Kmail now fails to show ANY of
them, even shows an empty Sent folder, and fails to show any Inbox emails
older than the date after which I became aware of the problem, and now
fails to download any emails.

  N.B. I have temporarily migrated to Thunderbird for email purposes.

Presumably there is an Akonadi/Baloo mixup somewhere, and I ask if anyone
can here vrecommend a way of achieving re-indexing of the files in ~/
mail,
please.

[I don't think it's a Kmail problem, as with another user on the system
it is behaving normally.)

--
/\/\aurice
	(Retired in Surrey, UK)     Registered Linux User #487649