something is really wrong with my kmail/kontact

E. Hakan Duran ehakanduran at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 04:25:10 BST 2018

On Thursday, July 5, 2018 10:14:51 PM CDT E. Hakan Duran wrote:
> 2. Typing anything in the search bar above the email list view causes immediate crash of kontact.

I was able to resolve this issue by
1. renaming ~/.local/share/akonadi/search_db and forcing akonadi to rebuild a search index, and
2. renaming ~/.local/share/baloo (which contained 7.7 GB data).
The search bow is now working as expected; however, if I rename the folder back to ~/.local/share/baloo, I can reproduce the crash :).

Sometimes you just need to be lucky ;). I am just posting this hoping that it may help somebody else in the future. I will also post it as a comment to the bug report I created.

Thanks!

Hakan