Broken Sync (was: Re: kmail sigh)

Garry Williams gtwilliams at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 16:54:30 GMT 2018

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 10:54 AM, Martin Steigerwald
<martin at lichtvoll.de> wrote:
> Whoa, thats interesting. I reported a bunch of bugs on this. For example when
> I delete several mails in an IMAP folder hosted by Exchange (I know Exchange
> is one of the worst IMAP servers available… but no different option at work
> until I try to use Akonadi EWS resource), I get these wait issues.

I have been using davmail[*], a java proxy server for Exchange.  It
seems to be very robust, but also very slow.  But it is reliable for
the Exchange server I need for work.  The davmail server uses the OWA
interface to Exchange and proxies IMAP mail and all the calendar
functions and LDAP contact lists.  It's the best I've been able to use
in the last 10 years.

I start the davmail server at boot time with:

    [Unit]
    Description=Proxy Servers for Exchange Server

    [Service]
    ExecStart=/usr/local/davmail/davmail.sh
/usr/local/davmail/davmail.properties
    User=garry
    Group=garry
    WorkingDirectory=/usr/local/davmail

    [Install]
    WantedBy=multi-user.target

I do not use Kmail for any other accounts here at work.  It has been
very reliable.

At home, I only use Kmail for gmail -- no Exchange there.  Again, very reliable.