kmail sigh

Sandro Knauß sknauss at kde.org
Mon Jan 29 16:12:41 GMT 2018

Hi,

> If in fact mysql is slower compared to pg, we should be able to
> instrument and literally see why that's the case.
>
> On my TODO is to set up a kmail development sandbox and work on the DB
> side of things .... but this has a lot of pre-work.  While I'm a
> database weenie, it's been eons since I've done any C/C++.  Because of
> this, I've been slacking and doing other hacking.  ;)

we already provide such an sandbox [0] - it is a Docker image with a complete
working kmail (master). Where you could play with very easily.  I use this
docker setup to develop for kdepim. Until now I just use the mysql backend, so
some deps may be missing for running a postgres backend.

If you have any question regaring the current docker solution - do not
hesitate to ask.

hefee

[0] https://community.kde.org/KDE_PIM/Docker