stopping popup status mesages

Quazgar quazgar at posteo.de
Tue Jan 2 16:31:12 GMT 2018

Am 2018-01-02 17:28 schrieb Quazgar:
> Am 2018-01-02 16:52 schrieb Jerome Yuzyk:
>> I closed down KMail and restarted it yesterday, and now with every
>> movement to
>> a new folder or message deletion or new mail download I get popup
>> messages in
>> the lower-right corner of KMail. They weren't there before. How do I
>> get rid
>> of them?
>
> Hi Jerome,
>
> you probably activated the verbose status messages. There should be a
> small drop-down-arrow-like button in the status bar *while* KMail
> checks for new messages or moves messages around. This button toggles
> whether the current status (checking for mail, moving a message, etc.)
> is displayed just in the status bar or in a small popup window. Just
> click that button *once* while it shows up, then in the future further
> status updates should be only in the status bar, as they were before.
>

> I hope this helps,
> quazgar

I even found a screenshot on the web, look for a button like the small
blue triangle at the bottom here:
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Hx1L0ZOcyOw/WSvRrO9T2pI/AAAAAAAAKio/Shv0El1OyKctWpnXdyqBolEXs4SCLDnQACLcB/s1600/Screenshot_20170529_144418.png

--
Mein öffentlicher Schlüssel / My public key: 0x600ACB3B 2012-04-01
Fingerabdruck / Fingerprint: