stopping popup status mesages

Quazgar quazgar at posteo.de
Tue Jan 2 16:28:17 GMT 2018

Am 2018-01-02 16:52 schrieb Jerome Yuzyk:
> I closed down KMail and restarted it yesterday, and now with every
> movement to
> a new folder or message deletion or new mail download I get popup
> messages in
> the lower-right corner of KMail. They weren't there before. How do I
> get rid
> of them?

Hi Jerome,

you probably activated the verbose status messages. There should be a
small drop-down-arrow-like button in the status bar *while* KMail checks
for new messages or moves messages around. This button toggles whether
the current status (checking for mail, moving a message, etc.) is
displayed just in the status bar or in a small popup window. Just click
that button *once* while it shows up, then in the future further status
updates should be only in the status bar, as they were before.

I hope this helps,
quazgar

--
Mein öffentlicher Schlüssel / My public key: 0x600ACB3B 2012-04-01
Fingerabdruck / Fingerprint: