kmail sigh

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Feb 7 14:13:04 GMT 2018

On Mittwoch, 7. Februar 2018 02:45:56 CET Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Tuesday, 6 February 2018 10:27:53 GMT Peter Humphrey wrote:
>
> --->8
>
> > I've evaded the POP3 problem by installing an IMAP server on a local
> > machine, which uses fetchmail to collect the emails and dovecot to serve
> > them to me in KMail.
>
> It occurs to me to wonder why a dev or two don't do the converse: set
> themselves up a POP3 server to play with.

I'm sure the devs have set up a test POP3 account somewhere. At least, I used
to have a few test POP3 accounts when I was still actively working on KMail.

In my experience, the problem with those test accounts is that most of the
time one doesn't see the problems normal POP3 users have because one doesn't
use those test accounts for everyday emailing including complex filter setups
and spam filtering but just for a few tests.