kmail sigh

Peter Humphrey peter at prh.myzen.co.uk
Wed Feb 7 01:42:36 GMT 2018

On Tuesday, 6 February 2018 17:24:41 GMT Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Peter Humphrey - 06.02.18, 17:04:
> > On Tuesday, 6 February 2018 10:59:05 GMT Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> […]
>
> > > I use POP3 mainly because I do not want to store months or even years
> > > of
> > > mails on my server. As they may contain sensitive information.
> >
> > That last filter I mentioned ensures that everything is moved off the
> > server.
>
> And it preserves the folder structure of the IMAP server? Is it possible
> to move everything of the IMAP server to a local maildir after 30 days
> for example and have the folder structure preserved in just *one* filter?

No, the IMAP server has no folder structure, just an inbox; it's simply a
source of emails. (I haven't looked into sieves. I don't even know what they
are.) I already had a local folder structure, so i only had to make sure
that all my filters were applied to all accounts, as they were by default,
so that emails appeared in their proper folders. This happens every time an
email is offered by the IMAP server.

> If so, I would like to know how this filter looks like :)

Right at the bottom of the list of filters, even after spam handling, I have
one that matches all messages and moves them into my local inbox.

Are you defying Occam's Razor? "Don't complicate beyond necessity."  :)

Peter.