kmail sharing tags

Luis Felipe Tabera Alonso taberalf at unican.es
Tue Feb 6 16:26:06 GMT 2018

Hi all,

Does anyone know a way to share akonadi user tags among akonadi instances? I have
several computers sharing accounts (both imap and synchronized maildirs).

I would love to share tags among the computers but It seems it is not possible. As far as I
know, the imap protocol is not really prepared to deal with this case. Concerning the
maildir case, I wrote a python script that reads the akonadi database and saves the tags
in custom xattrs of the mail files and, moreover, save them in a notmuch database, but I
do not feel confident to do the reverse, read xattrs and store tags in the akonadi
database, since I am afraid that touching the database can easily break things.

Any idea of how to accomplish this?

Best,

Luis