Attachment not being shown

Ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Sat Dec 22 09:12:39 GMT 2018

On Friday, 21 December 2018 16:14:56 GMT Erik Quaeghebeur wrote:
> Dear Ian,
>

> > I get some emails from an Apple
> > user and there is no indication that there is an attachment with
> > it even if you open it.
>
> Do you have the message structure panel active? If not, make sure the
> ‘expert’ plugin is enabled and then enable the message structure panel from
> the Message menu or perhaps with Ctrl+Alt+D.
I check "View Source" and it seems to be there.  I'll have to check the "expert" plugin as its on a different login to this one.
> If the attachment is not visible in the message structure panel, then KMail
> misinterprets the MIME structure. In that case, it would be interesting to
> have a look at the message source to see what the actual MIME structure is
> and report the failure to decode it correctly as a bug. I would suggest to
> also look at the message source in another client (web?) to see if akonadi
> hasn't changed it (yes, this has occurred to me). In the latter case, a bug
> should be filed for the resource retreiving your mails.
I actually access this particular email account from 2 different logins and one works and the other doesn't.  The only obvious difference i can see is that the one that works is using mysql and the one that fails is postresql.

> Success,
>
> Erik
thanks

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20181218
Qt: 5.12.0 KDE Frameworks: 5.52.0 - KDE Plasma:  5.14.4 - kwin 5.14.4