Attachment not being shown

Erik Quaeghebeur kdepim-users at equaeghe.nospammail.net
Fri Dec 21 16:14:56 GMT 2018

Dear Ian,

> I get some emails from an Apple
> user and there is no indication that there is an attachment with
> it even if you open it.

Do you have the message structure panel active? If not, make sure the
‘expert’ plugin is enabled and then enable the message structure panel from
the Message menu or perhaps with Ctrl+Alt+D.

If the attachment is not visible in the message structure panel, then KMail
misinterprets the MIME structure. In that case, it would be interesting to
have a look at the message source to see what the actual MIME structure is
and report the failure to decode it correctly as a bug. I would suggest to
also look at the message source in another client (web?) to see if akonadi
hasn't changed it (yes, this has occurred to me). In the latter case, a bug
should be filed for the resource retreiving your mails.

Success,

Erik