Suitability of sqlite or MariaDB to replace MySQL as akonadi DB

Erik Quaeghebeur kdepim-users at equaeghe.nospammail.net
Tue Dec 11 18:07:14 GMT 2018

Dear list,

I was wondering what the current suitability is of sqlite and MariaDB to
replace MySQL as the akonadi DB implementation. (I am aware that Postgresql
is also an option, but also know it can function perfectly for akonadi.)

I read that in the past sqlite was not performant enough for concurrent
queries, but since then have seen multiple people state that it works fine.
Any experiences from list subscribers?

I have heard that MariaDB is a drop-in replacement for MySQL, but have the
impression that some divergence has happened. Did anyone here move to
MariaDB?

Thanks,

Erik