How to get Kontact backtrace for crash on logout

Erik Quaeghebeur kdepim-users at equaeghe.nospammail.net
Fri Apr 6 19:59:51 BST 2018

Dear René,

Many thanks for helping me along. I might need some more pointers.

> Best and easiest way would be to attach a debugger to the
> Kontact process from a remote terminal or else from a "virtual
> console" (Ctrl+Alt+F{1,2,3,4,5,6}).

I did this from a virtual console using gdb -p <pid> and then ‘continue’
within the gdb shell. However, apparently contact does not crash when
logging out then…

So how do I get kontact to behave as if gdb wasn't there?

Or, is there really no way to interrupt an ongoing logout?

Best,

Erik