kde-pim dev needed, for a sponsored open source effort, to remove akonadi

Antonio asmond at gmx.com
Fri Apr 6 18:05:16 BST 2018

Hi, Paul!

> what i want, specifically, is a version of kontact that does not
> use akonadi. [...]

I read your mail yesterday night. While latest KMail bugs are solved: maybe
you want to talk to Pali Rohár, the author of
    KDEPIM without Akonadi
    https://launchpad.net/~pali/+archive/kdepim-noakonadi

> i can pay a reasonable fee for this. the result would be given
> to the KDE community under the same license that kde-pim has
> always had.

Pali Rohár even wrote:
	If you want to support my work on this KMail version, donate:
	https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=JGLR43QD9NEGG

and he has a contact page:
    http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pali/about.html

In the past I wrote to him and Pali answered politely :-)

Greetings!