KMail is irretrievably broken

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 10:04:05 BST 2017

A thought: what are your retrieval settings? When I create a new "account" I always start by setting them to "on demand" and caching for a reasonable short time, or the shortest possible time if it's a local resource. For an account holding only archive folders I'd also opt not to include it when checking for mail.

As far as I recall I've seen reports about this duplicate emails issue since the 4.1x days meaning that the versions I'm still using aren't immune. Yet I've never seen any sign of it (that wasn't due to the way GMail imap folders work). I do sometimes have an issue where email seems to get lost and newly received email doesn't show up. Annoying, but I only have to quit Kontact, do `akonadictl fsck`, possibly an akonadi restart and things work again.

R.