KMail is irretrievably broken

Peter Humphrey peter at prh.myzen.co.uk
Thu Sep 14 09:30:50 BST 2017

On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 15:52:52 BST I wrote:

> The only thing I can do now is to start a fresh message collection,
> leaving the archive for searching with text tools.

Even that hasn't been enough. This morning I have a duplicate pair in an
otherwise empty folder. I can't read them or delete them. All I can do is
delete the folder and re-create it, not forgetting to reset the filter.

As I said, KMail is irretrievably broken. Why do the developers seem
impotent to do anything about it? I know it's complex, but whose fault is
that?

The time must be close for ditching the whole sorry mess and starting
afresh.

Peter.