KMail stuck on loading message

Francesco Porro frapox at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 19:08:54 GMT 2017

In data martedì 21 novembre 2017 17:37:36 CET, Peter Humphrey ha scritto:
> On Tuesday, 21 November 2017 15:15:28 GMT Francesco Porro wrote:
> > So,if developers are already commited to this, I don't think would be
> > useful to file another bug.. But I don't know, maybe one more feedback is
> > appreciated.
>
> No, I don't think you'd achieve anything useful by submitting another
> (duplicate!) bug.

Confirming what I thought...

> I'm having to use akonadiconsole to clear a folder's cache to make it
> rebuild it. Thus:
>
> Exit KMail.
> $ akonadiconsole
> 	[open browser, expand columns, right-click on the awkward folder, click
> 	Clear akonadi cache, quit]
> $ akonadictl restart
>
> Run KMail again, click on the same folder and - Bob's your uncle - there are
> your messages again.
>
> I've just had to do this three times on today's e-mails.

yes, this is the same procedure I followed before I discovered that the same
result could be achieved going offline and then back online, directly in the
Kmail's interface (File menù).

It's ok untill it's fixed but still... boring! :)

--
Francesco Porro <frapox at gmail.com>