KMail stuck on loading message

Francesco Porro frapox at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 15:15:28 GMT 2017

In data martedì 21 novembre 2017 13:14:20 CET, Maurice ha scritto:
> On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 01:27:22 +0100, Francesco Porro wrote:
> > I see "waiting for message to load"
>
> In a similar situation with Kmail 5.4.3 I see:
>
>      "Retrieving folder contents"

Yeah, sorry for from my translation from italian localization to english. But
you got it right! :D

How many times does it happen to you? To me, only this morning, more or less12
times. Very frequent.

> when Kmail locks up. I suspect it's an akonadi problem, for which - it
> is rumoured - a solution is on the way.

Yup! I realy hope so, and the relationship with akonadi seems to be confirmed
by an error msg l got before:

"Unable to fetch item from backend (collection -1): Unable to retrieve item
from resource: recuperato elemento non valido" (<- the last sentence meaning
"retrieved not valid element" ).

So,if developers are already commited to this, I don't think would be useful
to file another bug.. But I don't know, maybe one more feedback is appreciated.

> It's a problem that is preventing me from moving from Mageia-5 to -6.
>   (No such problem with Kmail 4.14.10...)

Interesting. I don't know Mageia but this bug affect all the distros with KDE
I tried until now. Not very pleasant UX, especially for newcomers!

--
Francesco Porro <frapox at gmail.com>