Goodbye for now, kmail

Gianluca gian at grys.it
Tue May 9 20:17:47 BST 2017

On Tue, 09 May 2017 17:15:29 +0100
ianseeks <bingmybong at btinternet.com> wrote:

Not on the list since it now has nothing to do with KDEPIM anymore...

> If there is a "fiasco" in the development, distro should NOT
> implement it in such a way that users can download it. So yes, its up
> to the distros and also yourself if you find out about the "fiasco"
> before downloading.

Ian wait a minute.

I agree that it can be up to the distro and the users, but you cannot
rule out the developers this way.

As long the developers declare a release stable, the distro adopt it and
the users too.

While I agree that a user must use some attention, you cannot ask the
average user to read about every bug about a new release. A user want a
piece of software that just work, especially if he uses a distro.

I, for example, just install the packages the  distro offer and
I trust them (and of course the developers) that the software is stable,
if so declared. And I am a developer myself, I simply have not the time
to check every release notes for every package I install.

Moreover, speaking about KDEPIM and akonadi, the introduction of
akonadi was done on a minor release, and I hope you agree that a
breaking change is not a good idea in a minor release.

And I know that all of this is just speaking, which not fix any bug...

bye
Gianluca