Goodbye for now, kmail

ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Tue May 9 11:05:02 BST 2017

On Saturday, 6 May 2017 10:20:54 BST Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> ianseeks - 06.05.17, 10:11:
> > On Saturday, 6 May 2017 09:36:51 BST Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > > ianseeks - 06.05.17, 08:29:

> > > Well at least that one should be easy enough as Akonadi and KDEPIM has
> > > same
> > > version number on each release since quite some time.
> >
> > I was thinking more of versions of individual bits of software within the
> > major versions, all it takes is for one failed update of one small piece
> > of
> > software to perhaps cause an issue.  As Dan  is not able to reproduce a
> > lot
> > of issues, maybe we should be able to validate our installation against
> > his
> > to see if there are differences.
>
> I don´t understand this one: If I made sure I have all packages below at
> basically the same major version, what can be out of sync?  At least on
> Debian if this is true, I don´t see how any smaller piece can be out of
> sync, unless the maintainers fail to grab the right source versions, which
> I believe is *highly* unlikely to happen.

I am grasping at straws here as Dan seems to work without issues and there are
a fair few here that don't.  I was more or less asking if there was a
reference list of a clean working install that we could use ourselves to see
if we have messed up our own systems.  I know i've messed up my downloads by
using a wrong repo in the past so i could have easily messed it all up myself.
I guess i should perhaps wipe my machine and reinstall from scratch and
backups to see if it cures the problems.

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20170505
Qt: 5.7.1