Goodbye for now, kmail

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Sat May 6 11:04:33 BST 2017

On Saturday, May 6, 2017 11:11:27 AM CEST ianseeks wrote:
> On Saturday, 6 May 2017 09:36:51 BST Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > ianseeks - 06.05.17, 08:29:
> > >
> > > Is there someway we can all check release levels are all consistent with
> > > all  the software required for KDEPIM?  It could be that all your pieces
> > > of
> > > software are correctly matched with each other whereas a lot of us just
> > > accept the upgrades and some of us may now have misaligned software
> > > releases
> >
> > Well at least that one should be easy enough as Akonadi and KDEPIM has
> > same
> > version number on each release since quite some time.
>
> I was thinking more of versions of individual bits of software within the
> major versions, all it takes is for one failed update of one small piece of
> software to perhaps cause an issue.  As Dan  is not able to reproduce a lot
> of issues, maybe we should be able to validate our installation against his
> to see if there are differences.

Ensuring that you have all the parts in the same version is usually up to the
distribution (and you checking package manager logs :-))

Anyway, I think most of the issues boil down to different configurations,
setups and similar factors - and in KDE PIM, that's almost an infinite number
of combinations :-)

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683