Goodbye for now, kmail

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed May 3 08:15:20 BST 2017

On Wednesday May 03 2017 08:47:36 Anders Lund wrote:

>Good to hear kmail works for you. In my case, where my mailaccount is
>with my provider, it does not work at all. It may have to do with the
>IMAP server they use, but that does not help me much, except maybe I
>can find a provider using a IMAP server that works with kmail.
>
>Since the last update, I am basically not able to view mail in kmail.
>Akonadi simply chokes

Do you by any chance have to set an "IMAP prefix" to point the IMAP client to a specific location under your account on the server and use that as the "root"?
That kind of thing is not described in any IMAP standard and thus not implemented in Akonadi's IMAP client. Given how the protocol works the client will indeed choke if it has to trawl through a huge list of (huge) files on the server, scanning each of them for email. I've seen that happen with the UW IMAP server I run on my Mac - I ended up submitting a patch for it which allows server-side specification of the email archive folder (on the server).

R.