Canonical list of ~/.local/share/akonadi directories and files

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Thu Mar 30 09:50:22 BST 2017

Hello Jerome.

Am Mittwoch, 29. März 2017, 23:24:22 CEST schrieb Jerome Yuzyk:
> KDE-something on Fedora 25

Thats definitely not specific enough and I won´t dig out what version that
*might* be.

> I upgraded from Fedora 20 to 25, release by release. Now I'm doing some
> cleanup of ~/.local/share/akonadi and I'dlike to know what directories and
> files I should have, so I can clear out what I shouldn't.
>
> For example, I have a akonadi.db with a Modify time of several years ago. I
> also have a few directories like db_misc and db_data/mysql with the same
> time.
>
> So is there a list of what I should have?

This has been discussed on the mailing list several times. I do not want to
spend the time right now to dig out the right links, but AFAIR there was a
quite comprehensive post by Dan, check out the thread "akonadi/KDE PIM backup/
restore" – it has the post by Dan and additional posts. Also there is a blog
post "Myths about Akonadi: Where is my data" which is definately worth reading.

Also to answer your question it is important to know what versions of Akonadi
and KMail you are using, since developers changed locations of quite some
things several times.

That the question comes up repeatedly clearly shows that it would be very good
to have this information on *one* KDE userbase wiki page or so. But I do not
want to invest the time right now to do this. More important things in my live
right now and I basically know where the stuff is.

So really before you ask further research what is there and if you want to do
everyone a favor and have the time to do it, put the information you find on a
KDE userbase wiki page – feel free to ask here which one or make a suggestion.
At least the links to the stuff I gave pointers to.

I would help everyone who is helping people here a create deal to save time to
explain the same stuff again, and again, and again.

BTW I cleaned old index-Mails from pre-akonadi KMail times recently by using:

find -name "*index.*" -delete

within ~/.local/share/local-mail which would be named ~/.local/share/
akonadi_maildir_resource0 or something like that on never installs.

Thanks,
--
Martin