Duplicate emails

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 11:07:25 GMT 2017

On Monday March 6 2017 10:14:28 ianseeks wrote:

>I still get the same "retrieving..." problem if i set up kmail to go to first
>unopen email in a folder but it doesn't happen as often.

Ah, that'd be an argument to port the patch I wrote for KMail4, adding an option to "Select None" when opening a folder!

>It seems pointless making bug reports as there is no indication on the report
>if anyone has even looked at them, it would be nice if the bug report was
>marked in some way to show that some relevant person has at least looked at
>the report.  Its also difficult to know whether the bug report is for akonadi or
>kmail.

Yet if no one reports bugs they won't become (in)famous nor get fixed. Whether it's a kmail or akonadi issue:
- ultimately that's not your problem if you're not a (KDE PIM) developer
- you could gain some insight through the akonadiconsole application. It allows you to browse your email collection too, so if the issue shows up there it's *probably* due to something at a level under/upstream of kmail.

R.