KMail not filtering incoming mail

ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 30 08:32:41 GMT 2017

On Monday, 30 January 2017 04:56:14 GMT O. Sinclair wrote:
> On 01/29/17 14:49, ianseeks wrote:
> > On Friday, 27 January 2017 09:17:34 GMT Joshua J. Kugler wrote:
> >> So recently (and not due to a KDE update, as far as I can tell, although
> >> it
> >> did start after a reboot), KMail stopped filtering incoming mail.  All
> >> mail
> >> will go into the account's inbox. The filter logging window will show no
> >> activity. However, when I highlight those messages, and hit Ctrl-J, they
> >> will filter into their proper folders, and the activity will show on the
> >> filter log. Also, they filter very slowly, and the "akonadi_mailfil"
> >> process takes 100% CPU.
> >>
> >> Any ideas on how to trouble shoot this?
> >>
> >> Thanks!

> > Mine filters most of the time but sometimes it misses one, i think its
> > when
> > akonadiserver is having a problem
>
> I regularly have to recreate the filters after a "plasma/kdepim"
> upgrade. That is  make the same filter that I already have and remove
> the existing old, identical, filter
Just had my example of failure happen where it didn't filter an incoming mail.
I'd had the first lot of filtering work fine on first run of kmail when i made
my first reply to your email, i then went to another folder to read some
others and got the "Retrieving....." message forever so i quit kmail,
akonadictl stop, wait for server has crashed message, restarted it and
reloaded kmail and my first reply to your email stuck in the inbox.

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20170128
Qt: 5.7.1