FTP with SSL/TLS in Dolphin

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Sun Jan 29 11:01:18 GMT 2017

Am Sonntag, 29. Januar 2017, 11:32:25 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> Hello.
>
> Am Sonntag, 29. Januar 2017, 07:45:47 CET schrieb solitone:
> > Hi, is there a reason why FTP with SSL/TSL (ftps://) has not been
> > implemented in Dolphin?
>
> Why do you ask this on the kdepim users mailing list? I suggest a more
> general user mailing list like kde-ml.

true :)

> If you have SSH access you can also use sftp:// or fish:// (File In SHell).

this advice will probably not be of any use for the OP, because he asked for
ftps, which is completely different from sftp or fish.
these 2 are usually not available e.g. for cheap webhosting products, but ftps
is.
so, the only way to do secure ftp there.

for ftps, AFAIK there is no special dolphin implementation.
dolphin should use an installed ftps-kio slave if that is available.
so the OP should look for an ftps-kio package.
mine here is:
kio-ftps 	0.2+dfsg-2+b1		amd64        an ftps KIO slave for KDE 4

Werner