Kmail searching issues

John White john at lawquest.com
Sat Feb 25 20:59:07 GMT 2017

I don't see an akonadi-search program in synaptic.  I am using debian kde
stretch.  Everyghing, including kmail, is ver 4.16.04.

Had the same problem in "stable" jessie, which is why I switched to stretch.

I have tried to see if I could get paid help from someone.  What I am doing
now is using kmail as I have for many years, but I have loaded icedove and use
icedove to find messages.

Kmail's "find messages" function finds garbage (emails which are not related
in any way to the search criteria).

This is ridiculous!

John White