"Retrieving Folders..." hang and a possible solution

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 15:37:46 GMT 2017

On Wednesday February 08 2017 22:36:37 Joshua J. Kugler wrote:

> > KDE Applications releases use a month.year convention, so the next release
> > (which KMail belongs to) will be 17.04.
>
> Sorry, I did not know that. That's the first I've heard of it. :)  Is there a
> chart somewhere that shows what versions of KDE Frameworks, KMail, etc are
> included in that?  Because the about box of KMail only shows this:

Yes applications like KMail that use their own versioning scheme are in the minority from what I can see. Nothing wrong with that, in fact it's nice because at least it tells packages and people building from source which application has seen actual updates in a new release.

KDE Applications 17.04 will include only the applications (and in principle only those that are not tightly linked to the Plasma desktop). The frameworks have their own versioning and release cycle, and so does "Plasma".