"Retrieving Folders..." hang and a possible solution

Joshua J. Kugler joshua at joshuakugler.com
Thu Feb 9 07:36:37 GMT 2017

On Thursday, February 9, 2017 7:41:01 AM AKST Luca Beltrame wrote:
> In data giovedì 9 febbraio 2017 07:34:08 CET, Joshua J. Kugler ha scritto:
>
> (No need to CC me, I'm subscribed to kde-pim and -factory)

I'm not subscribed to kde-pim (only kdepim-users) nor -factory, so just wanted
to make sure it got to you. :)

> > Just a quick note...please do not use Ubuntu version numbers, but use KDE
> > and KMail version numbers so we know which version you're referring to. :)
>
> KDE Applications releases use a month.year convention, so the next release
> (which KMail belongs to) will be 17.04.

Sorry, I did not know that. That's the first I've heard of it. :)  Is there a
chart somewhere that shows what versions of KDE Frameworks, KMail, etc are
included in that?  Because the about box of KMail only shows this:

Version 5.2.3
Using:
KDE Frameworks 5.28.0
Qt 5.6.1 (built against 5.6.1)
The xcb windowing system

If there is another version number we need to reference when talking about
release versions, it would be nice if it were in the about box. :)

> FTR: the innodb buffer pool size change was committed to master, so 17.04
> will have that change too.
Cool!  Is this the 128M buffer change?  I haven't gotten the "retrieving
folder" hang for a long time. I wonder if there is a similar fix for the
extremem slowness of the filters.

Joshua J. Kugler -- Fairbanks, AK
Blogs: http://jjncj.com/blog/ (Family) -- http://joshuakugler.com (Geek)
Every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess, in heaven, on earth, and under
the earth, that Jesus Christ is LORD