search and indexing in kmail and contacts dead again

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue Feb 7 19:06:51 GMT 2017

On Monday 06 February 2017 22:17:22 O. Sinclair wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> after some upgrades and so on I can yet again not:
> 1. use distribution lists
> 2. search email (no result whatsoever)
> 3. use anything but "recent contacts" or "found in your data" in Kmail
>
> I have deleted and renamed baloorc a few times, no luck. I am fed up
> with akonadictl this or that but have obviously tried that to.
>
> Any pointers to get dist lists and search working are welcome. This is
> Kubuntu 16.04 with KDE 5.8 and Kmail 5.2.3

I thought I was doing something wrong, but apparently I don't. :(
I'm using a newly installed (about a week ago) Kubuntu 16.04 with
ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports.

I observe(d):
* zero results when I did a search
* auto-completion of email addresses not working

Very disappointing.

Local subscription of IMAP folders also appears to be completely broken,
i.e. unsubscribing some folders has no effect, they are still shown.