My experience with kmail (was:Goodbye for now, kmail)

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Sat Aug 26 00:27:45 BST 2017

On Sun, 2017-06-11 at 21:22 +0100, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> On Sun, 2017-05-14 at 13:50 +0100, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> > Hello
> > I just want thank you for who alert me for akonodi consume cpu
> > problems
> > , since a year ago I started have problems, the most notable was
> > with
> > firefox very slow consuming high level of CPU more than 100%, all
> > system slow , after a while I discover that clean kde cache [1]  ,
> > and reboot fix the problem for a while , problems usually just
> > appears when I go to a place where internet is not stable ( some
> > offices that internet goes down etc) but after do (5 days ago):
> >
> > 	akonadictl stop
> >
> > all problems are gone, my laptop now is bullet prove , Firefox
> > doesn't
> > consume more than 15% of CPU , even when in stress, when before
> > consume
> > more than 100% of one core , I got 4 .
>
> After check, not only akonadi consume 100% CPU I some circumstances,
> also firefox have the same symptoms, it happens when iwlwifi (intel
> wireless) goes down ...

JFTR

After digging and search all possible causes , I understood that was my
kinit4 process and after one week I can say that was xrender option,
system settings -> configure desktop effects -> advance -> composite
type , was a non default xrender and when change it to opengl 2.0 , (my
intel graphics don't have opengl 3.0) I stop have very slow computer
and
warnings like this : kernel: perf: interrupt took too long (42002 >
41952), lowering kernel.perf_event_max_sample_rate to 4000

Also akonadi works much better .

--
Sérgio M. B.