Shortcut key ‘Ctrl-N’ doubly defined

Peter Humphrey peter at prh.myzen.co.uk
Fri Aug 25 00:16:35 BST 2017

On Thursday 24 August 2017 21:15:00 Erik Quaeghebeur wrote:
> > But! In the meantime I found as you said, that in Gentoo KMail is now at
> > 5.5.3, so I thought everything in the garden would be rosy. Nope. The
> > menu option to import messages was greyed out, so bye-bye all my e-mail
> > history.
> Under what form have you preserved your mail archives?

The standard KMail archive system, done daily and backed up weekly.

> > Is this really the state of KMail at the moment: no import facility? Or
> > perhaps I went adrift in building the system.
>
> Well, I just upgraded to 5.5.3 and everything was automatically imported,
> I guess because the new akonadi can work with the database I had and knew
> how to deal with my KDE 4 KMail config.
>
> I was actually impressed by how trouble-free the upgrade was after the
> stories I had seen pass by here; the only thing  lost was some finetuning
> aspects and my filter config.

Maybe I'll try it then. If it doesn't work out well, I can always spend
another day and a half rebuilding the previous system.

> (Also, I use a remote IMAP server, so I have no issue with losing my mail
> locally, but that turned out not be necessary.)

Ah, well I have to use POP3 because that's what my ISP gives me. Not
counting GMail, of course, which I leave mostly to my mobile devices.

Peter.