Shortcut key ‘Ctrl-N’ doubly defined

Erik Quaeghebeur kdepim-users at equaeghe.nospammail.net
Thu Aug 24 20:15:00 BST 2017

> But! In the meantime I found as you said, that in Gentoo KMail is now at
> 5.5.3, so I thought everything in the garden would be rosy. Nope. The menu
> option to import messages was greyed out, so bye-bye all my e-mail history.

Under what form have you preserved your mail archives?

> Is this really the state of KMail at the moment: no import facility? Or
> perhaps I went adrift in building the system.

Well, I just upgraded to 5.5.3 and everything was automatically imported, I
guess because the new akonadi can work with the database I had and knew how
to deal with my KDE 4 KMail config.

I was actually impressed by how trouble-free the upgrade was after the
stories I had seen pass by here; the only thing  lost was some finetuning
aspects and my filter config.

(Also, I use a remote IMAP server, so I have no issue with losing my mail
locally, but that turned out not be necessary.)

Best,

Erik