connecting to GMail imap accounts and "akonadi resources for google services"

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 13:58:10 BST 2017

On Thursday April 27 2017 14:14:02 Daniel Vrátil wrote:

Hi,

>You should not have to copy or paste anything, the authentication should
>automatically get the code and proceed.
>
>Make sure the SASL plugin for XOAUTH is installed properly (check if you can
>see kdexoauth2 in "pluginviewer-c" output (or "saslpluginviewer -c")).

Hmm,

%> pluginviewer -c
Plugin "kdexoauth2" [loaded],   API version: 4
        SASL mechanism: XOAUTH2, best SSF: 0
        security flags: NO_ANONYMOUS|PASS_CREDENTIALS
        features: WANT_CLIENT_FIRST|PROXY_AUTHENTICATION

What could be the name for the package in question?

When I (re)start akonadi from a terminal I see this when I hit enter or escape in the final dialog that keeps offering me a code to enter somewhere:

[SASL-XOAUTH2] - Requesting authID![SASL-XOAUTH2] - Requesting token
![SASL-XOAUTH2] - filling prompts
![SASL-XOAUTH2] - Requesting authID![SASL-XOAUTH2] - Requesting token
![SASL-XOAUTH2] - Requesting authID![SASL-XOAUTH2] - Requesting token
![SASL-XOAUTH2] - filling prompts
![SASL-XOAUTH2] - Requesting authID![SASL-XOAUTH2] - Requesting token

>In 5.5 IMAP will always use the new XOAUTH authentication for Gmail.

Could it be that this requires GMail to NOT be configured to allow legacy clients? That'd be a big no-go for me...