connecting to GMail imap accounts and "akonadi resources for google services"

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 12:57:01 BST 2017

Hi,

I've been using a KaOS install to track progress in KDE PIM and after yesterday's update to Kontact 5.5.0 (and everything concurrent) I can no longer connect to my GMail IMAP accounts on that set-up.

What I get is a window posted by the IMAP agent showing a Google web page asking me to chose an account to continue to "Akonadi Resources for Google Services". I follow the steps and end up with a code that I have to copy and paste somewhere "in my application". I don't see any place where I might do that.

My accounts are configured to use the legacy/simpler authentication mechanism and I can still connect without problem using KDE PIM 4.13 and 4.14 on my other Linux systems and Mac. Why then this new behaviour under KF5, and what do I do to gain access to my email in the current KMail version?!

R.