Kmail2rc - is there a program to validate the syntax/config data in it?

ianseeks ianseeks at btinternet.com
Fri Sep 9 10:55:44 BST 2016

Hi

I'm trying to find a reason for kmail 5.3.0 crashing at will on my system. I
searched for a "fasttop" error in bugs.kde and found a 3 year old one closed
so i looked through it and otehr referenced bugs to see if i can get any
hints. One said to delete kmail2rc so i opened in kwrite first to look at it
and got this message from kwrite:-
"The file ~/.kde4/share/config/kmail2rc was opened and contained lines longer
than the configured Line Length Limit (4096 characters).
The longest of those lines was 6625 characters long"

Does this indicate there is something wrong with the syntax/config in this
file?

Regards

Ian

--