Kmail2 (5.3.0) crashing at will

ianseeks ianseeks at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 8 16:06:38 BST 2016

On Thursday, 8 September 2016 12:31:02 BST Erik Quaeghebeur wrote:
> Dear Ian,
>
> > I will log it as a bug at some point but there are soooooo many bugs
> > listed
> > for kmail, it'll take ages to look through them all to see if there is a
> > duplicate already logged.
>
> Do you have dr konqi installed? (The crash reporting tool.) It normally can
> suggest potential duplicates based on the backtrace generated.

Yes, but it sometimes crashes and does not start drkonqi. When i first started
experiencing the kmail crashes and drkonqi did come it, it would also crash
when trying to download the debug symbols that i already have installed. So i
gave up even trying with drkonqi.

> 	https://community.kde.org/Bugsquad/Basic_Guide_about_Crash_Reporting
>
> Having debugging symbols installed helps a lot, but I don't know if they are
> by default or how to do it for opensuse. (I've only come across the term
> ‘debuginfo’ packages.)
Yep, i've got all those installed. But not being a developer i was hoping
someone from the kdepim team would be able to give some pointers of what to do
in order to get info for a bug report. You're the first person to actually
respond to some of my emails.

> Best,
>
> Erik
Thanks for responding