Kmail2 (5.3.0) crashing at will

Erik Quaeghebeur kdepim-users at equaeghe.nospammail.net
Thu Sep 8 11:31:02 BST 2016

Dear Ian,

> I will log it as a bug at some point but there are soooooo many bugs listed
> for kmail, it'll take ages to look through them all to see if there is a
> duplicate already logged.

Do you have dr konqi installed? (The crash reporting tool.) It normally can suggest potential duplicates based on the backtrace generated.

	https://community.kde.org/Bugsquad/Basic_Guide_about_Crash_Reporting

Having debugging symbols installed helps a lot, but I don't know if they are by default or how to do it for opensuse. (I've only come across the term ‘debuginfo’ packages.)

Best,

Erik