Kmail leaves sent messages in outbox folder

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 05:26:45 BST 2016

On 09/07/16 14:19, Georgi Kourtev wrote:
> On сряда, 7 септември 2016 г. 11:57:14 EEST ianseeks wrote:

>>> Sorry, forgot to mention this:
>>>
>>> Kubuntu 16.04
>>> KDE Plasma version 5.6.5
>>> Qt version 5.5.1
>>> Kontact version 5.1.3
>>>
>>> The account is a POP3.
>>> gk
>>
>> Not sure if i can help but something to check...
>> With the Settings/Configure Kmail/Identities/<select
>> identity>/modify/advanced tab, is the Sent Mail folder option set on and
>> set to the correct one? Or do you have a filter set that may put the email
>> back into the outbox folder.
>> Or are you sure that email has been sent and its not got an error message on
>> the email if you open it in the outbox?
>>
>> Thats the limit of my knowledge...
>
> The settings are correct -- sent mail should go to SENT folder, unless I
> change it to another before sending the message.
>
> The messages are sent -- I have the notification from Kmail + I cc my private
> account to make 100% sure. So the messages just stay there as unsent...

Without having any knowledge really of the inner workings of KMail and
Akonadi: I am on the same version as you after doing a "clean install"
but keeping my /home folder and I see all sorts of "funny stuff" in
Kmail. Like folders repeatedly marking all mail as unread...

and I have for the umpteenth time since the whole search thing in
Contacts was introduced lost automatic search for email address...

My solution is the simple but boring: from a konsole terminal run
akonadictl stop. Then reboot

all the best
Sinclair