Kmail leaves sent messages in outbox folder

ianseeks ianseeks at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 7 17:32:31 BST 2016

On Wednesday, 7 September 2016 15:19:36 BST Georgi Kourtev wrote:
> On сряда, 7 септември 2016 г. 11:57:14 EEST ianseeks wrote:

> > > Sorry, forgot to mention this:
> > >
> > > Kubuntu 16.04
> > > KDE Plasma version 5.6.5
> > > Qt version 5.5.1
> > > Kontact version 5.1.3
> > >
> > > The account is a POP3.
> > > gk
> >
> > Not sure if i can help but something to check...
> > With the Settings/Configure Kmail/Identities/<select
> > identity>/modify/advanced tab, is the Sent Mail folder option set on and
> > set to the correct one? Or do you have a filter set that may put the email
> > back into the outbox folder.
> > Or are you sure that email has been sent and its not got an error message
> > on the email if you open it in the outbox?
> >
> > Thats the limit of my knowledge...
>
> The settings are correct -- sent mail should go to SENT folder, unless I
> change it to another before sending the message.
>
> The messages are sent -- I have the notification from Kmail + I cc my
> private account to make 100% sure. So the messages just stay there as
> unsent...
You could try running kmail instead of kontact for a little while and see if
you get the same results.
Other than that, you may have to wait for a developer to help but i've been
posting quite a few issues/queries about kmail 5.3.0 but no-one has responded
to them as yet, they could all be busy at the moment.
You could try logging a bug report in bugs.kde.org in the hope someone
responds but that can also be a slow process in waiting for a response.

--
Qt: 5.6.1
KDE Frameworks: 5.25.0