"Dead" emails.

Erik Quaeghebeur kdepim-users at equaeghe.nospammail.net
Wed Oct 19 11:53:28 BST 2016

On 16 October 2016 23:07:04 Martin Steigerwald wrote:

> > 2016-10-16 17:31:59 22981 [ERROR] Native table
> > 'performance_schema'.'cond_instances' has the wrong structure
> > 2016-10-16 17:31:59 22981 [ERROR] Native table
> > 'performance_schema'.'events_waits_current' has the wrong structure
> > 2016-10-16 17:31:59 22981 [ERROR] Native table
>
> I think this performance schema stuff isnĀ“t criticial. Maybe even a run of
> mysql_upgrade can fix it.

I have similar errors, I get:

$ mysql_upgrade --socket=.local/share/akonadi/socket-sysoppad/mysql.socket
Looking for 'mysql' as: mysql
Looking for 'mysqlcheck' as: mysqlcheck
Error: Failed while fetching Server version! Could be due to unauthorized access.
FATAL ERROR: Upgrade failed

Adding auth info (is this necessary?), I get the same:

$ mysql_upgrade --socket=.local/share/akonadi/socket-sysoppad/mysql.socket -u root -p
Enter password:
Looking for 'mysql' as: mysql
Looking for 'mysqlcheck' as: mysqlcheck
Error: Failed while fetching Server version! Could be due to unauthorized access.
FATAL ERROR: Upgrade failed

But I can have mysql have a look at the database:

$ mysqlcheck -c --socket=.local/share/akonadi/socket-sysoppad/mysql.socket --all-databases
akonadi.collectionattributetable                   OK
akonadi.collectionmimetyperelation                 OK
akonadi.collectionpimitemrelation                  OK
akonadi.collectiontable                            OK
akonadi.flagtable                                  OK
akonadi.mimetypetable                              OK
akonadi.parttable                                  OK
akonadi.parttypetable                              OK
akonadi.pimitemflagrelation                        OK
akonadi.pimitemtable                               OK
akonadi.pimitemtagrelation                         OK
akonadi.resourcetable                              OK
akonadi.schemaversiontable                         OK
akonadi.tagattributetable                          OK
akonadi.tagremoteidresourcerelationtable           OK
akonadi.tagtable                                   OK
akonadi.tagtypetable                               OK

Any input on getting mysql_upgrade to run appreciated.

Best,

Erik