Using bogofilter via KMail's anti-spam wizrd

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Mon Oct 17 13:29:26 BST 2016

Am Montag, 17. Oktober 2016, 11:31:35 schrieb Maurice:
> On Mon, 17 Oct 2016 07:47:02 +0200, Werner Joss wrote:
> > as said - look at the the headers of the email (in your spam folder).
> > just hit 'v' to see the headers (nice kmail feature, btw.)
>
>   Yes, that bogofilter line is there, but the files in the spam folder
> are all there as a result of my hitting the Spam icon on the Toolbar,
> from Day 1 (I keep a check).
>    There is none that bogofilter moved there without my help with the
> Spam button, so it doesn't appear to be working independently yet. :-(

maybe you just forgot to run the ant-spam-wizzard where you specify to move
caught spam to your spam folder ?
note that any action done to spam is performed by kmail, not bogofilter (which
just marks the mails) so you have to tell kmail what to do with recognized
spam.

> > same is true if you don't have a wordlist.db file.
>
>  I do have that file, and its size does increase to reflect my hitting
> the Spam button, but there seems to be no way to see clearly what is in
> the file.

this is not necessary, having that file growing by hitting the spam button
means bogofilter is already 'learning'

> > you can also activate the filter protocol under extras-show filter
> > protocol to see what's going on.
>
>   I don't understand that, Werner - sorry!

here, kmail has a menu item called 'show filter protocol' under 'extras',
there you can first enable the protocol and then look at that to see what the
filter action actually does.
might be named different, though (I translated the menu entries from german,
didn't switch kmail language to english).

Werner