Using bogofilter via KMail's anti-spam wizrd

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Sun Oct 16 18:42:11 BST 2016

Am Sonntag, 16. Oktober 2016, 17:27:22 schrieb Maurice:
> On Sun, 16 Oct 2016 13:35:57 +0200, Werner Joss wrote:
> > for me, it took just 1 day, 10 spam mails or so. works like a charm,
> > since.
>
>  How does one know that it has 'caught' a spam email?

look at the headers of the email.
they should contain something like this:

>  (I've got 55 emails in bogofilter's folder, I assume as a result of my
> hitting the Spam button. But Spam emails continue to show in my
> Inbox...)

hm,
not sure what you mean with 'bogofilter's folder' - is that your spam folder ?
if yes: this is not where bogofilter stores what it classifies as spam,
that is in ~/.bogofilter/wordlist.db (a berkeley database file)

> > no false flags,
>   What is a false flag, please?

that is an email that bogofilter classifies as spam, but it is not.
not sure if 'false flag' is the correct word for that, english is not my
native language :)

> > all spam caught.
>
>   Do you mean no spam emails are appearing in you Inbox?

exactly - they are directly moved to my spam folder (and marked as 'read').
lateron, when I'm 100% sure, I will set bogofilter to delete them
without notice, not even keep in the spam folder.

> > don't forget to also train good mails (ham), though.
>   I'm doing that!

that's ok.

Werner