Akonadi dsaster

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 16:41:34 BST 2016

On Friday October 14 2016 10:54:31 Daniel Vrátil wrote:

> I could swear that there was at least partial support in 4.1x, but grepping
> current codebase I don't see any handling of the IndexPolicyAttribute at all,
> so probably a regression :(

The actual support for it (beyond managing the setting itself) that I could find with a few quick searches in the 4.14 branch masters seems to be limited to this:

```
void CollectionMaintenancePage::load(const Collection & col)
{
    init( col );
    if ( col.isValid() ) {
        updateLabel( col.statistics().count(), col.statistics().unreadCount(), col.statistics().size() );
        Akonadi::IndexPolicyAttribute *attr = col.attribute<Akonadi::IndexPolicyAttribute>();
        const bool indexingWasEnabled(!attr || attr->indexingEnabled());
        mIndexingEnabled->setChecked( indexingWasEnabled );
        if(!indexingWasEnabled)
            mLastIndexed->hide();
        else {
            QDBusInterface interfaceBalooIndexer( QLatin1String("org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_baloo_indexer"), QLatin1String("/") );
            if(interfaceBalooIndexer.isValid()) {
                if (!interfaceBalooIndexer.callWithCallback(QLatin1String("indexedItems"), QList<QVariant>() << (qlonglong)mCurrentCollection.id(), this, SLOT(onIndexedItemsReceived(qint64)))) {
                    kWarning() << "Failed to request indexed items";
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
```

That looks a bit like the indexer always runs, but its results are requested selectively...

R.