Akonadi dsaster

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Fri Oct 14 08:03:29 BST 2016

On Thursday, October 13, 2016 10:04:52 AM CEST René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> Completely unrelated to *sql databases: why do I get this message when I
> start KMail?
>
> akonadiserver(5113): Xapian Database does not exist at
> "~/.local/share/baloo/file/"
>
> The directory contains an old sqlite3 file and nothing else so the message
> is correct in itself, but I'm guessing I still shouldn't be getting it. Can
> it be related to the fact that this configuration was made in the Nepomuk
> days, which has left me with a "zombie" akonadi_nepomuk_feeder agent I
> cannot get rid of?

This comes from the "Baloo file extractor" AFAIK, which now uses LMDB/SQLite.
Historically Akonadi Search uses ~/.local/share/baloo, and so it's likely that
some generic Xapian DB lookup code in our Search code finds it and complains
that it's not a Xapian DB.

If you use the Baloo file extractor the I think you should not remove that,
otherise you can remove it.

Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683