Akonadi dsaster

Diederik de Haas didi.debian at cknow.org
Wed Oct 12 16:21:01 BST 2016

On dinsdag 11 oktober 2016 14:54:07 CEST Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Also I meant my comment more generally. I think the user of KDEPIM should
> not  need to administrate and probably manually tune a relational database.

I completely agree with that, but participants on this list on the other hand
probably could, especially if we help each other with that.

My comment was mostly targeted at trying to identify/locate the main issue.
As I've now personally experienced, using PostgreSQL seems to work a *lot*
better for me and as Dan uses PostgreSQL too, I seriously doubt his experience
is even close to a disaster.
And then I also recalled Pablo's posts from a while ago (and also in this
thread) in which he identified some serious issues with the use of the
database.

So to me the database is a good suspect to investigate if and how things can
be improved there with a real possibility of achieving significant
improvements. And I was hoping to trigger that discussion with my post ;-)