Akonadi disaster

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Sat Oct 8 16:26:11 BST 2016

Hi!

Am Samstag, 8. Oktober 2016, 06:37:20 CEST schrieb O. Sinclair:
> But
> right now I have ghost mails all over,

I've had the same problem with those "ghost" mails. They are mails which have
been marked "deleted" in an IMAP server, but haven't been expunged. You can
work around the problem by turning this on:

Settings -> Configure KMail -> Accounts -> (your IMAP account) -> Modify ->
Extended -> Compress folder automatically

I've started Kmail on the console like this, to get the English language:
"LANG=C kmail". This didn't work for the last two steps (Extended -> Compress
folder automatically), so I translated them from German to English. Thus, they
can be named somewhat different.

Good luck,
Volker