[kdepim-users] Retrieving folder Contents

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Sat May 28 11:02:08 BST 2016

On Saturday, May 28, 2016 10:28:35 AM CEST ianseeks wrote:
> HI
>
> Any reason why the above message should pop up in the message view pane
> after i've already viewed at least one message in that folder and have not
> changed folders?
>
> It only happens now and again so not really a show stopper, just wondering
> why it should happen.

The message basically means "KMail is fetching the email from Akonadi". In
most cases it should be so fast that you don't see the message, but sometimes
when Akonadi (or the database) is busy and cannot reply immediatelly KMail
shows you this message. Especially if you use maildir/mbox (when the email
needs to be loaded from harddisk) or online IMAP (when the email needs to be
downloaded from the server), the message might appear for a bit longer.

Sometimes something goes wrong and the message sticks forever. No idea why,
but I haven't seen it in quite a while (it used to be much worse ;-)). If the
email does not show after some time, restarting KMail/Kontact should do the
trick, in worst case you can restart Akonadi (akonadictl restart).

Dan